Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Something old, something new?

While clicking through the archives of Publication Design, I found a link to this Flickr gallery that has a lot of interesting graphic design. Publication Design titled the link "History of Graphic Design Images" and there seems to be a lot of good images here. I particularly like the one pictured to the right. It is a poster for Knoll International made in 1967. I was surprised to see that date listed because I think it looks so modern. I especially like the use of color and transparency in the design.

This image will probably look familiar to most of you. This design was featured in the documentary "Helvetica". I didn't see a date listed with this one, but I remember from the documentary that it has been in use for several decades. It's so interesting how these images from that long ago still have relevance today and can actually look modern.

No comments: