Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Just a little something pretty


I like a lot of other types of design, not just the media-related kind. Sometimes, I daydream about finally getting a "grown-up" apartment and actually decorating it and not just filling it with mis-matched furniture I got free from my parents. My favorite part, however, is that interior design is design that you can live in, much like how fashion is art/design you can wear.

So, as silly as it may sound, I get inspired by furniture. The piece pictured to the right is gorgeous, if not a bit antiquated. That is part of the reason I love it though (and totally want one). It is reminscent of a more romantic time period, where ladies draped themselves on fainting couches like this, surrounded by giant skirts.

Anyone want to lend me $700 so I can take this home with me? No? Didn't think so. This couch can be found here on the Urban Outfitter's website.

1 comment:

Annie Harp said...

I don't think it is silly at all that you are inspired by other pieces of design besides print. I had an entry on my blog this week about how I am inspired by shoes, so I completely understand.