Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meredith Presentations

We presented our prototypes for Spoon magazine to the publishing class this week. It was an interesting experience. I certainly didn't expect the questions they had for us. For example, they wanted to know what we could do, rather than what our creative ideas were. Our publishers wanted a fun, funky magazine that was a little tongue-and-cheek. In my cover designs, I tried to incorporate those ideas. Rather than use a bunch of neons (a la Nylon magazine, as they had in mind) I chose instead to use a funky typeface and an off-beat photo choice.



1 comment:

Nothing said...

Jennifer, first of all, I'm very jealous of your NY trip. I hope you had fun, but we're happy to have you back. Your Spoon designs were fun and parallel to the ideas the publishing team had for the publication. I think I might have been the only one that liked the toast cover better than the grill. Pay attention to picking fonts that complement each other and treating sell-lines and headlines with a hierarchy. Pop out important words with boldness or larger fonts. Good job putting together nice pieces during a busy week. Love, Meredith (the TA, not the project.)