Thursday, May 28, 2009

First Summer Issue

It's been an exciting week. The new Vox summer editors and reporters have started to trickle in and the TAs and I have published our first issue. Though it is still evergreen content from last semester, we still had to go through the process, this time without the help of the outgoing TAs. I'm not sure what I expected, but it went surprisingly smoothly. Guess I can't really ask for more than that. The only hitch for me was getting my editor's letter finished. I had plenty of time, but I had to start from scratch when I realized the Google Doc I had created the night before was no longer in my queue. Ah well. I like what I came up with yesterday morning better anyway.

Still, as I'm sitting here with an actual printed issue in front of me, it still seems kind of surreal. I wouldn't have guessed this is where I'd be this summer, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Also this week, I finally got my second feature published! I'm really happy with how it turned out. I felt like I had the time to really work on it, which was a nice change. Plus, I learned some Photoshop tricks that helped a lot as well. One of my personal goals this summer is to improve my software knowledge, specifically with Photoshop. It is my most underused program, and I think my designs sometime suffer because of it.

Anyway, check out my feature below. If you are interested in reading the full story (and other great Vox stories!) be sure to visit the site.


No comments: