Monday, February 22, 2010

Great logo design

As a designer, I know there is still a lot I have to learn. Which is fine, really. I don't think there will ever be a point where there is nothing left for me to learn. If it comes to that, then I'm probably not challenging myself enough.

Logo design is one of the areas I know I need to improve on. Doing magazine layouts come naturally, but designing logos doesn't.

So, in order to gain a little insight on what makes a great logo, I found this post on Dzineblog (link courtesy of an AIGA discussion by Will Sherwood). So clever. So simple. So worth your time. A few of my favorites are below.


Brilliant! I especially love the ones that utilize the negative space. I totally admire that, but have yet to successfully implement it in one of my designs (I often forget to even look for it!).

Upcoming Posts: Some recent work, an ethical discussion and a general update!

No comments: